Hey Florida Fish-In Freaks,

I'll be fishing the Placida area on Saturday out of my kayak. I'm not a guide but know just enough about the area to get lost or maybe even put you on a fish or three. Mangroves, flats, oyster bars, mangroves with oysterbars, etc. No guarantees other than I guarantee you a nice paddle and hopefully a fish or three.

I'll be heading out of Grande Tours as soon as they open which is 8:30am. They close at 4:30pm but I asked about coming in a little later and the lady said that could be arranged. We may be exhausted by then anyway.

Single kayaks ... paddle only ... rent for $45 + tax for an 8 hour day. Single kayaks rigged for fishing are $60+ tax for an 8 hr. day. Didn't think to ask if the kayaks are rigged for fly fishing or spin fishing. If they are using Scotty's rod holders, they can be switched out. Not sure though ... sorry.

I have one extra kayak (Wilderness System's Tarpon 120) that is rigged for fishing and is up for grabs. I also have one 14ft Old Town Guide Series canoe that is also available. I'll be bringing the extra kayak down for sure but unless a special request for the canoe is posted here in the next couple of days, I'll leave it behind. Or e-mail me at fla_skibum@hotmail.com and put Bring Canoe in the Subject Line.

Low tide is at 8:58am and high tide is at 2:57pm for that Saturday. The quicker we can get out to the flats the better our chances of spotting a tailing red on the incoming tide.

Again, I'm not a guide, just a mediocre fly flinger at best. But we'll have fun none-the-less.

Here is the link to Grande Tours.
[url=http://www.grandetours.com/:22640]http://www.grandetours.com/[/url:22640]

They have tons of kayaks but it wouldn't hurt to phone ahead. They might just have your kayak ready at the launch if you give advance notice of what you want (if you know).

Hey ... do NOT forget your water and especially your sunscreen. A nice floppy hat and long sleeves wouldn't hurt either. 'Tis gonna be a little warm for the "Nawthunuhs".

Gil

[This message has been edited by FL_SKIBUM (edited 28 February 2006).]