+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunglasses for saltwater fishing?

Default Sunglasses for saltwater fishing?

I am looking for a good pair of polarized sunglasses to use on upcoming June trip. I have a couple of pairs of Action Optics but they are meant for the light of a mountain stream and not the glare of the flats and bays.

I don't mind spending up to the $150 range since glare gives me wicked headaches.

Any suggestions on what to look for and which brands/models tend to work for you? I'm thinking more a wrap-around to cut the side light.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

-John

I have used Hobie and Action Optics models with photocromatic copper lenses from the high in the Sierra Nevada to the flats of North Queensland Australia and found that this type of lense works very well for me in all conditions. For me, the ability of photochromatic lense to adjust to different lighting conditions has made them extremely versatile.

Costa Del Mar...been wearin' 'em on the Florida flats for many, many years. Great warranty, also. [url=http://www.costadelmar.com/:21884]http://www.costadelmar.com/[/url:21884]

[This message has been edited by Flats Dude (edited 02 February 2006).]

JC and I both have prescription Action Optics in the amber...we had tried the blue tone in another brand and they didn't work at all on the salt here, much less the flats for bonz.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

I wear "Ocean Waves" all day every day. These were a gift and they are just fine. Gary's Costa's would be just fine as well.

Rusty <><

------------------
    "PC" is for Plant City not Politically Correct. if you wanna catch something ya gotta get a hook in the water

I don't care what the brand is, Copper for me, I'm color blind and the copper gives good definition. The amber would be second pick but not as effective on pink and light colored flats.

My .02

Philip

------------------
    Excus my spelling and gramma, I hooked Mondays and Fridays so I could Hunt or fish.
    Excuse my spelling and grammar, I hooked Mondays and Fridays to either fish or hunt.

Rusty,

You wear Ocean Waves. What model frame and what color lens? I've heard the Backwater Green lens is very good for inshore.

Thanks.

-John

Flats Dude,

What model of Costa Del Mar's do you have? And what lens do you have?

I'm looking for good coverage and as little light from the sides and underneath as possible.

I did try on the Triple Tail, Turbine, T2, and Polaris at a local optician. The Turbine and Polaris fit the best but I can't find the Polaris online. It may be a discontinued model that the optician still had on display.

Thanks.

-John

I can't remember the frame style I think it's the Chicago. I have the darkest ones they have, the Blue off shore. I drive a tractor trailer here in Pirateland and the truck I drive has a long white hood which reflects the sun right back into my eyes.

Rusty <><

------------------
    "PC" is for Plant City not Politically Correct. if you wanna catch something ya gotta get a hook in the water

It's been so long since I bought mine, I can't remember which ones they are. The lens is dark gray.

Okay, on their website, the frames are called "deep blue", they are a nylon composite. I own three pairs and never had one to break. Their warranty is really good also. I had one pair that were so scratched up I could barely see out of 'em. I sent them back and they replaced them for 25 bucks. But that was a long time ago.

[This message has been edited by Flats Dude (edited 03 February 2006).]

+ Reply to Thread