+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fish-in for Fla

Actually it's coral colored , or about the same color as flamingoes; which get their color from a diet of shrimp & crabs ! You too can look that way after a visit to the seafood feast with a wee bit of rum & a good photographer after being out in the sun on the flats for about 6 hours a day without sunblock while fishing! Actually, the costs were the lowest around with a group rate & that should let a pirate be stranded on an island with a bit of humor still intact without having to worry about not having there dignity sullied ! Have never seen any umbrellas for the grog, but there are quite a number of different fish; even the salt & pepper shakers ! Should you require little umbrellas, I'll add it to the list of things to get, or make it an event during the tie & lie for some satisfaction of really being a stranded pirate on a beach,just so we can tie some parachute saltwater flies; can't be beating the waters to a froth otherwise you'd be scattering the fish everywhere ! Aye, Aye ?

Good to see a few more names on the " I'm Going " list. You'll probably enjoy the weather as this is the time the major league baseball players get together for the " Grapefruit League ", which is basically spring training in climate that is similar to summertime elsewhere ! From what I've been told, we're in about the middle of the state travelwise, ( Key West to Pensacola ) and that most of the snowbirds from Michigan to Jersey can get here in a day ! Farther north or west takes more time or flying.See ya soon !

Dave, its 2 days for us, we head out on the 1st and will arrive on the 3rd. Michele is bringing her canoe, and I'm hoping to use a jak. I still want to get one, a Cobra or Ocean Prowler.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Philip
    Excuse my spelling and grammar, I hooked Mondays and Fridays to either fish or hunt.

You'll be in good waters & good company for yakking; and there will be nautical maps for the flats with boat ramps & canoe launch areas specified for access. Will have the Blueways Trail brochure, which is specifically for kayaking the southwest coast from south of Ft. Myers thru Charlotte Harbor & waters connected. Look forward to your fishing stories after a few days in paradise !

Checked the " Who's Going " list as usual & noticed the Flats Dude & Mrs. are joining the festivities ! Welcome, & looking forward to meeting y'all !

Nice to see that and I hope he brings a couple of Gold Bendbacks and a few Mullet flies. The dude did his job well last year and the fly tying session was well appreciated. Stay on the diet and leave the Rum on the shelf

Philip

------------------
    Excus my spelling and gramma, I hooked Mondays and Fridays so I could Hunt or fish.
    Excuse my spelling and grammar, I hooked Mondays and Fridays to either fish or hunt.

Okay, I just spoke with Ed Mercado (Floridaflyer), and he and I will be staying at the Veranda on Thursday and Friday nights. We should be getting down there on Thursday morning around ten, or so and leaving late Saturday night. Reservations are made....see y'all down there!

[This message has been edited by Flats Dude (edited 30 January 2006).]

+ Reply to Thread