+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bradenton folks

Default Bradenton folks

How's everyone doin? I found this site by searching google for fishing info off of Anna Maria Island.

I moved from Bradenton a few years back, but I visit relatives still living in Bradenton. My parents had owned Gabby's Bar&Grill in the mid-early '90s. Just wonderin if any of the locals might've visited it. It's called the Banana Factory now.

I was last up during the recent red tide... How's the fishing now?

Fishing's been fine off the 59th Street ramp to the northeast, and to the south to Long Bar. Sarasota Bay sea trout were decimated by red tide, but pompano, bluefish, snook and reds are eating flies quite well.

Farther northeast, snook and reds have been very good around Rattlesnake, Miguel, and Terra Ciea.

Tight Loops,
    Capt. Tony

Amongst the Mangroves of West Central, Florida

Hello Florida Fly,

I definitely have Bradenton in my blood. Never lived there as I was born in Tampa and now reside in Land O' Lakes just to the north of Tampa.

But, my great great great grandfather Thomas Mann was the first white settler/homesteader (along with his sons ... the wife died) on Longboat Key in 1891.

Most all my aunts/uncles, great-aunts/great-uncles, great-grandmothers/great grand-fathers, etc, etc, on my mother's side lived in or around Bradenton.

My mother grew up just a short few blocks south of the Manatee river there in Bradenton. Somewhere on 9th street or 9th ave ... I forget. Just east of Highway 41 (the old Hwy 41 bridge) near the Tropicana plant.

Lots of memories.

Nice to meet you.

Gil
    "Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~ Edward Abbey

+ Reply to Thread