Dave,

Laughing @wot an a$$0Ie your 'prospective employer' was/is.... great read, as usual!!!!

I've had many of the same.. some people just don't realise how much time is worth. I'd rather be in the garden working than tying flies for a pittance. If they wanna swear at someone when the fish of a lifetime breaks a hook, Let 'em swear @a Tie-Land Tier.... a true professional, rather than me... a professional who ties flies for people to LAND the fish of a lifetime!

If the hook breaks, Tieland is @ fault... If one of MY hooks breaks, I'm to blame. Is it fair to blame a whole population for a company sendinmg the nation crap hooks??? People pay more for my flies, 'cos they know they get Value For Money.... or they come to me saying"I bought these flies from ***** last year, but *******, >>>>>> can you tie the same flies on such-and-such a hook???
When i tell 'em the price, the usually tell me"Well, maybe it was just a one-off.... their hooks might be better this time!!"

My local fishery has more double-figure fish landed on TWO of my flies, than any others put together... yet people still want something-for-nothing.

"Give a man a fly-caught fish, he'll eat for a day..... give a man a fly, and he'll want it for half-price!"

It's good to be back... it's great to be back with real pirates!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy