Screwed the pooch Sat morning and missed my wakeup
made up by
having a friend over saturday and we hit the water but they wasnt having it , then the tide turned and started coming in...and hard. This built a good rip on the bar and a few birds started working. I headed over in the yak and immediately got on rockfish and bluefish up to 16". 33 fish on 33 casts before a full retrieve without a hookup. they were eating the clousers & bunny strips, they were eating clousers & bunny strips without tails, they were eating clousers with no body on them whatsoever. poppers got eaten, divers were eatin, my really bad crab imitations were eating, bunny eels, decievers, sliders...anything that moved through the water wsa getting eaten. Jeff wanted in on the action, so I beached the yak and we waded out to the spot and commenced to catching again. Tried some heavier flies with a sink tip to try and get under the surface breakers and managed 2 rockfish between 18 and 20 inches and a few blues up to 22".
Welcome to Rocktober! my best day on the river this year...and it only gets better as the temps drop and more fish head my way!

oh...btw, I'm a little excited if you can't tell.