+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida Fish-in Discussion (as HH wanted)

Default Florida Fish-in Discussion (as HH wanted)

I would love to host the thing, however, I truly believe the west coast is more open with may areas to fish. Our area over here is iffy, and not very roomy unless there are several boats involved. When there is a shuttle launch, or a mere launch period, NASA locks everything down east of the river.
    Last year, our host and hostess did a fine job, and I enjoyed it beyond words. Bill, I know it was a lot of work and probably a big expense, but if y'all missed it, you missed one hell of a good time, and great food.

------------------
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and exclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!"

We hosted the first Florida fish-in and it was a wonderful time for us.
    We have been hit pretty hard by the red tide. But that does not usually do much to mess up fishing. Maybe just a natural kill off to keep the balance who knows.

But if no one else wants to try, I am like Purebs, I would host it. I would love to get into some of the Dude's big redfish, but like he said boats would be needed.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.........

Harold

Just plant the flag guys; and I will do my utmost to make it.

------------------
    JME
    @===----?----?----?
    Member of B.A.S.S [url=http://www.ukbass.com:04572]http://www.ukbass.com[/url:04572]

Still thinking about it. After everyone pitched in it really didn't cost much or take that much time. It sure was fun! One thing I would do differently though is pick the date after consulting the tide charts. Last year I didn't and the tides were lousy.
    Bill

I have three flats dude shirts that i'm dying to try....

Bill if you and Jill want to host it go ahead, Sue and I will help any way we can.

I like the honeymoon area, and the food was great.

If you do not want to and no one else does then Sue and I will do it..
    Linda will kill the Dude if we have it on valentines day again. <grin>

Bill if D. Micus and the evil twin come we will have to have it at your place.... More cops up there. <grin>

[This message has been edited by Harold Hattaway (edited 11 August 2005).]

Amongst the Mangroves of West Central, Florida

I am not much help as far as a "base-camp" goes as I am 25 - 30 miles inland (Land O' Lakes) ... BUT I'd be more that willing to help out whichever coast we decide on.

Should we do an East Coast Fling, I still have the canoe and two kayaks and more than likely I could get a Hell's Bay flats boat over there.

p.s. FINALLY ... I'm going to test out the shoulder this weekend with the fly rod in my kayak. I did "play around" in the Keys in June but not much. Wish me luck!

------------------
    ________
    Gil
    "Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~ Edward Abbey

Hey Gil,

Good to hear you're getting out with the rod & kayak! Now when did you get access to a Hell's Bay?!? Have you been holding out on me!

FYI, if this falls on days I can make it to I can get some combination of kayaks, canoes, or gheenoes going.

Ken

Don't schedule the Fish-in for the weekend of February 4th & I might get there this year for alot of fly fishing! I'd suggest Charlotte Harbor, but the larger hotels & motels still haven't been rebuilt & the ones that are on the water are over 20 miles away from Port Charlotte. During season rates would be premium as I don't know the proprietors of the waterfront accomodations.

Hey Saltydancindave;

You have just got to be at the next one, you missed last year. So I will vote for a later date than the 4th.

Ed and I are talking about a small get together in Nov... I'll keep you posted on it. I just hope the red tide is gone by then.

Let me know how miss Daisy is doing and maybe I will sneak closer to you for lunch one day. Is she healing?

Harold

+ Reply to Thread