+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'M DESPERATE!

Default I'M DESPERATE!

i know this has been asked a billion times but im gonna ask it anyways. What is the best saltwater reel for the its money. I don't care about the price. My reel doesnt work and the stripers are starting to blitz like crazy. Can someone please help.

cabelas. their wide arbor (forget the model #) tested better than a lot of very high end reels (including the disco paint model) in a Fly Fishing America reel comparison, and it cost under $200

(i think the model was lsr)

[This message has been edited by D. Micus (edited 17 August 2005).]

Abel Super series

------------------
    Don

Since you say money is not an object, then I would say that either Abel or Tibor would get you an excellent product that will last a long time. I own both and they are both great products. If you want to get a good saltwater reel cheap, then try the J. Austin Forbes Disc Drag Salt-water Tarpon Reel on Overstock.com for $189 marked down from $534 with shippng only one dollar.

Jim Smith

List Price

Gotta agree with Jim Smith on this one. That looks like a great buy! if i didn't have 7 salt water reels i'd buy this one!

If you have the bucks and want the best,get a Tibor.A step down from that would be a Ross BG.For cheap money,go with a Teton Tioga or a J Ryall.

I picked up that JAF from Overstock. It's really a great reel at a great price. It even comes with 2 spools. I think it s fantastic, but then again, I don't have much to compare it to. The reel i had before that was garbage. Never fished a Tibor or Abel in saltwater so I don't know how they stack up. But the JAF is really solid, good looking, and very very smooth.

[This message has been edited by Copper Dropper (edited 17 August 2005).]

Look at the Orvis Battenkill Large Arbor. It is reasonably priced, readily available, and mine has held up well through three years of salt water abuse.

------------------
    aka Cap'n Yid.

Stev Lenon, 91B20 '68-'69
    When the dawn came up like thunder

Hey chris,
    maybe u should just deel with the reel u got.

Peace and c u at the blitz,
    Doug

If money is no object and you want a killer reel, there's only one choice for my $0.02 Bullet Proof frame with TONS of Drag

Hayden Saltwater Flyreel
    handmade by Terry Hayden in Australia, you can contact Jay Hortnn who is the US Rep for Hayden

+ Reply to Thread