+ Reply to Thread

Thread: heaven

Default heaven

Fished with a good friend last night, and at one point the moon was rising, the sun was setting, we were just drifting with the tide and there were fish feeding all around us. Can you say paradise?

They were feeding but did you catch any of them? I have been in that same situation but I think it was hell because I didn't catch a thing. I tied up a few new patterns that I am going to try tonight. I think that if these patterns don't work I am going to trade my kayak in for a paddle boat and my rods for an umbrella.

[This message has been edited by Micropteris (edited 18 August 2005).]
    Your hooks sharp????

caught them on almost every cast. up my way they are feeding on very small bait--peanut bunker and tiny silver sides. i tied up a peanut bunker pattern on a #1 hook using very big clouser eyes, then white shimmer tied in the high tie style on both the top and bottom of the hook. whole fly was maybe an inch or so long, but a bit wide (like a peanut bunker). give the smaller flies a try...

sounds like a little slice of heaven to me
    I was out one night, and thought I had moved into the motherload of bonefish or redfish tailing - then I remembered I was a little too far north for those fish. Rockfish maybe, feeding on the bottom...I'm starting to get excited. Then some recent conversation on rays, got me thinking - how would a big ray pull me around with the kayak. I pulled up parallel to drift by them and not spook them, and started casting, I was getting some "bumps" but thought maybe I was hitting them as I was fairly "high" in the water column (if thats possible in less than 3 ft of water). finally hooked into one, a small one. turns out, they were white perch, tons and tons of them. Not sure what they were doing, but they were swimming along right at the surface all over the place. An incredible site, but dissappointing none the less, I moved on and was able to salvage with soem topwater rockfish action, but schoolies, as it seems the bigger fellas are all visiting Dave this time of year.

In my heaven the friend would be Brittany Spears (before she go married and became a little bit skanky) and the kayaks would be a wide body canoe.

We would fish, but only to provide sustanance.

DM,
    Yes, it sounds like heaven to me. It is great to be able to catch fish on every cast, and then quit when you are tired of it rather than the fish disappearing.

jed

I have changed my mind. Brittany is out. Daisy Fuentes is in.

Dave,

Almost the exact same setting last night, friday. We were fishing in the evening and stripers were everywhere. They were blitzing on tiny bunker and we caught a good handfull of fish. It was very peacefull (except for the 40 pounders crashing the surface.) I hope tonight will be just as nice.

tight lines,

Chris

+ Reply to Thread