+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's It Gonna Take

1. Default

.. been getting real bad withdrawal symptoms! No salt-spray on me for months, no Capt. Morgans for hours... so, next week am off to the Welsh coast to catch some bass on Dave Micus' Flats Dude fly. I have tied up many of these flies, in various colors and sizes, and gonna see how many different species i can hook on 'em in the next 12 months.

Andy

just remeber my rule, andy--fish caught on my flies count as my fish. let me know how i did.

The only time I've hit the salt in the past month or so was when I went on a guided kayak trip in Tampa Bay. Caught my first redfish! Of course the rod was shorter than normal and the reel's handle turned faster...

But hey, it was my first redfish! Now back to the fly rod...

Going to try Biscayne Bay early Saturday and going to the brave the algae blooms in Stuart on Sunday. Hopefully I'll have something to report besides small, black and white, furry rodents!

Ken

SR, I went out to Honeymoon Island to take a look today and the red tide was BAD! Dead baitfish all over! I will still give it a try this weekend also at some other spots and let you know.
    Bill

This is the weekend for the anniversary parties for Hurricane Charley! Hard to believe it's been a year & the repairs still aren't all done. If there was time to celebrate by fishing, I'd probably be out on the harbor because the trout are on the deeper flats, the bull reds are starting to school up & there's snook on the beaches & near the passes, with tarpon , cobia, pompano & jacks roaming the harbor. Fly rod fodder!

purebs:

thanks for the update
    not the news i was hoping for, but i've heard the Tampa Bay area is/has been fishing decently.

Just posted results from a salty week on Cape Cod (MA). Numbers were great. Blues and Stripers. Size was not so large, but I had enough fish so that I stopped fishing in the middle of the bite on several days.

Gary and Ed, I'm down your way and available 9/16 - 9/18. You pick the day and the place. I'll be there. Heck I'll even travel for LMB. Would love to see those bass that make the one's I played with seem small.

jed

+ Reply to Thread