+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's It Gonna Take

Default What's It Gonna Take

We need to get this area heated up. I'm sorry to say I haven't been fly-fishing in the salt since Memorial Day, but coming September, that will change, provided we don't get a hurricane or two.
    Now, it ain't like I don't think about fly-fishin', just been too hot, too much yard work, too much yadda, yadda, yadda...
    What's your excuse? Or, have you REALLY been fishin'?

------------------
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and exclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!"

i've been really fishing. it's been getting good, too...not only lots of fish but finally some of size. the small blue fish are in, too, and they are always a hoot. had the opportunity to fish with a guy from upstate ny who emailed me for advice on fishing plum island sound. i invited him to fish with me from the yaks, and at the end of the day he blurted out, "this is the best fishing day i've ever had!!!" makes me wish i had charged him! but he did invite me to go steelhead fishing up his way....

Haven't been out in a while myself, but tommorrow I'm taking the long rod out for bluefin tuna. Every time I've done it in the past, we never got the fish into casting range. But tommorrow is gonna be my day...I feel it! Can't wait for that 12-wt to bow and my reel to sing!

Been fishing even though lots of things need doing around the house but that what winter is for.
    The Salmon runs are just starting in Puget Sound right now. Many are doing well on the Pink Salmon but so far I have only been catching resident Silvers. Some Kings seem to be around but so far none on my line though I have had a 15 LBS or so King bounce of the side of the kayak and one 10 LBS or so that jumped so close it almost jumped the paddle plus lots of other Kings, Pinks and Silver taking bait close to the kayak. Each time they get my heart a racing. Every weekend from now till the middle of October you will find me out on the salt chashing Salmon either by boat or Kayak with some mid week fishing for warm water fish at the local lakes.
    Chores suck but I will have to spend the next couple of evenings cleaning the kitchen ceiling and walls from a small grease fire this past weekend which is going to cut into my fly tying time and may mean no warm water fishing this week. No fire damage and just need to clean up a little smoke damage so it could have been worse. At least I will not miss any salt time from the little fire.
    So much fishing to do and no time for chores and a little lady at home who is like me and would rather fish then get things done around the house.
    Now if I can only get my work to understand.

Careful Dave. Next thing we know you'll become a fishing guide.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Flatsdude, Just do it!!! I mean just go fishing. I did this past weekend. The work will still be there!!

------------------
    Bill

Hey Dude;

I will agree that it has been too hot, the red tide, and the work. But like you I have been thinking about fishing and the Florida Fish-in.
    I think we should start a discussion on that little shindig.

Anybody ready to start discussing the fish in?

Sarasota area is a possibility.
    Purebs said he would do it again if no one wanted to.
    Flats your name was dropped a time or two.... But you did not do the dropping.

What about it guys? Any suggestions.

Harold

[This message has been edited by Harold Hattaway (edited 09 August 2005).]

Hey Flats, I feel your pain. Now that I'm back inland I havn't been in the salt for months. I miss it bad. I've been considering heading our to Mosquito Lagoon and winging it, but I'm not ready just yet. September sounds good.

------------------
    Ed Mercado
    [url=http://www.mercconsulting.com:691fe]http://www.mercconsulting.com[/url:691fe]
    Web Design for the Treasure Coast.

You want excuses, how bout "my car didn't start, it had a flat tire, my tux didn't come back from the cleaners" Or, the nearest saltwater fishing is 700+ miles away and contains saltwater bluegills. (I ain't ready for them beasties yet.) It will be a little while until I can save enough money to get my family out to some saltwater. (Don't suggest I go alone, it would be a one way trip if I did.)

Red tide, too hot, too many thunderstorms, too many kids out of school, feel free to add more excuses.

WE need a stable Bermuda high and a cold front.

Fish-in? I've got new waders, let me know where and when.

Now, back to my kitchen and a wok full of shrimp and scallop fried rice.

------------------
    aka Cap'n Yid.

Stev Lenon, 91B20 '68-'69
    When the dawn came up like thunder

+ Reply to Thread