+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red tide

Bill

Here is a short article about what red tide is.
    [url=http://research.myfwc.com/engine/download_redirection_process.asp?file=k_brevis_113 2.pdf&objid=24273&dltype=article:61bd4]http://research.myfwc.com/engine/download_redirection_process.asp?file=k_brevis_113 2.pdf&objid=24273&dltype=article[/url:61bd4]

Harold

Latest reports are that it reaches from Pinellas Co, Honeymoon Island area down past Sarasota. Tampa Bay is reported to have random fish kills.

The wind was from the Gulf yesterday afternoon and I could feel the effects of red tide at my home.

------------------
    aka Cap'n Yid.

Stev Lenon, 91B20'68-'69
    When the dawn came up like thunder

There are dead fish on the beach providing evidence of red tide at the Englewood Beach on Manasoa Key, and it is down to Gaspirilla Pass just north of Boca Grande. Not too bad because of the rain storms & winds. I've seen it alot worse ! Unbreatheable....

Thank you Harold,

Was preticularly glad to see what it was tonight after returning from the store,As there was a sign where the clams usually are ,Stateing that there were none because Red Tide has hit the Maine coastline.....

Nope...It's safe to say, I'm not a pirate,But I read this BB anywho....Cause one never knows where one might end up some day.....!

------------------
    "I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

+ Reply to Thread