+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bummer!!!!

Default Bummer!!!!

felt sick this morning, so i took the day off of work. while fishing from the yak i hooked a nice sized striper. played him too quick, because he still had plenty of energy when i got him to the boat. when i got him in close he darted under the yak, and my beautiful one month old albright exs four piece rod is now a six piece rod! thank god for jim murphy and his warranty!!!

sorry to hear that.

jed

Dave

Is this the first rod that has ever broken on you? The only reson I ask is cause I have never had one break. Nothing against Albright because I have heard nothing but good things about their rods, but do you think it being a multi piece rod had anything to do with it breaking? Or were you just a cluts?
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

I've only broken one other rod, a two hander and it was while casting--clearly a defect. This break was not fault of the rod; i didn't repond quick enough when the bass went under the boat. and JC, i didn't tell them to give the guarantee--it was their idea!

So sorry to hear that you're ill.

See what happens when you tell "stories"?

------------------
    Trouts don't live in ugly places
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

betty, don't think that didn't cross my mind!

Well, if ya look on the bright side, atleast you can find fish. We Scituate men haven't seen a striper or blue in weeks.
    Anyway, happy to hear about you missing work, sorry to hear about your rod.

Tight lines,

Chris

I Love a good rod Warranty story......

------------------
    "I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Dave,

Very sorry to hear about the reconfiguration that the striper did on your fly rod. I would imagine that your illness returned, much strengthen, when the rod snapped. Back in my old hardware chucking days, I broke a new rod while watching this great looking girl peddle by on a bike. She smiled, I smiled, then I debonairly dropped the storage compartment lid on rod tip.

I've never broken a fly rod (knock on wood) but all of mine are two piece models. Do you think the four piece model is more prone to failure while paying big fish? 8T

------------------
    You had better learn to be a happy camper. You only get one try at this campground and it's a real short camping season.

I pinched the butt off of my 2 wt several weeks ago in my trunk tailgate. Sage fixed it up nice. The next time I used it I broke the tip in my sun roof while I was putting it back in the car. I have one of the RodMounts thingies.

2 breaks and nary a fish to show for it. Consider yourself lucky Dave.

Also, how much for me not to forward this link to the Dean's Council at the Toot.

+ Reply to Thread