+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fellowship

Default Fellowship

Dave

Good story this week. Even though I live here in the Midwest, I always enjoy reading about salt water fly fishing. You have a way of putting me in a yak right there with you. Keep it up!

Oh and don't forget to send those five unmarked $20 bills you promised me for posting this.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

one dave micus fan can't be wrong!!!

(thanks evil dave)

I also enjoyed your story. I find great joy in showing someone the water that I love to fish. Funny how you do get as much or more pleasure watching someone else hook up when you are showing them around.

Keep it up Dave, and I am looking for a fishing date in Sept or Oct. Let me know when.

jed

Great story Dave! With all the red tide around here that is as close to fishing as I've come lately. This is the worst summer I can remember. I guess I'll just have to fish vicariously through you!
    Bill

I don't know about you, but I think showing someone your fishing hole dictates at least a 10'-0" 4 piece 7 wt Orvis T3 or equivalent.

7 wt? what would i do with a pixie stick???

To quote Don Corleone to Johnny Fontain

"You can act like a man" and subdue one of those itty bitty Plum Island fishies with something less than 9 wt.

ah, epo, i'm not one who believes in making small fish into big fish by using a small rod...

Couldn't have said it any better myself. Small fish is a small fish no matter what the rod size.

We all know Mr. Micus is one to speak softly and carry a big stick.

------------------
    Who has time for stress when there are fish to catch.
    Nick
    Your hooks sharp????

Ok Ok,,,I'll Bite.....
    Fresh water only here..never even seen the salty stuff up close....Red Tide..................?...yeah,yeah,yeah.....Never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer,But I've been reading alot of posts with this,and It's gotten to me!!!!!

------------------
    "I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

+ Reply to Thread