+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A salesman has emerged

I completely missed Parnelli although I continued to ask if anyone had seen him. Hopefully there will be another time. I did pick up one of Kathy's books, which she was kind enough to sign, so I'm set -- although it will never make it to any vacation. I also picked up Tim's smallie fishing book and have made it about a third of the way through it. Good stuff. Sorry I missed you, Flyangler. JGW

Thanks for the compliments about Taylor. He had loads of fun and was a tremendous help. The time we spent together was truly priceless. It was great meeting many of the FAOL family, thanks for stopping by, saying hello and for buying Dots too. Parnelli showed up on Sunday, what a character he is and a great ambassador for FAOL. I missed the chance to meet Kathy Scott, hopefully somehere down the road we will get the chance.

Kudos to the organizers of the Great Waters Expo. A very well run show indeed. This being my first experience in meeting people from the midwest in person and I must say what a pleasure it was to meet such nice people.

Eight Thumbs,

We were only selling Dots. There are no dumb questions.

Jerry

------------------
    Dream the Life, Live the Dream
    I can't pretend to know what I don't, so I won't.
    Board of Directors, Valley Forge Trout Unlimited

[url=http://www.flyreeldots.com:9837a]FlyReelDots.com[/url:9837a]
    FAOL Sponsor
    FAOL DOTS are now available

[This message has been edited by Dot Man (edited 03 April 2005).]
    Dream the Life ~ Live the Dream

Looks like another successful show. Congrats to you and Taylor.

Creeks should be good fishing, this coming weekend if the water slow down. Looking forward to hitting a stonefly hatch

Don

Dot Man,

Your son sold me!! This was my second year as a spectator at Great Waters. This year, I was able to meet some of the folks from FAOL, it made the weekend much more enjoyable. It really is a fantastic show. Wangler

Hey Dot Man! I enjoyed meeting you and your son. Hope you won't take offense but I think he is a better salesman than you are!

You have a great product there. Hope it goes well for you. I can't wait to get my dots on my reels and try them out. I'll probably be back for more. I only bought 3 packs!

Royce

Jerry,

You'll be retiring before long as your son takes over the family business. Treat your best sales son well!

Good job dad!

Marty
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Dot Man,

It was great to meet you and your son. He did an excellent job explaining the dots and he was having a great time. It is nice that you have a chance to share the experience with your son.

The dots are great. First thing I did when I got back to Bismarck was put them on my reels. My only mistake was not buying a few more. Great product!

Rick

Dot Man,

They do learn fast.

Last season I caught juniour selling flies on the observatory on a pool up here. He even set up his vice and tied a few while the tourists roamed around.

Kid was selling flies for 0.50$ more than I usually do too

I think he sold a few dozen in an afternoon.
    (he kept telling the out-of-towners how dad was a guide and THIS fly is a must). He DID sell the right flies though. Local variations that many newcomers don't think would work for sea run brookies.

------------------
    Christopher Chin
    Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://www3.sympatico.ca/chris_chin/:22ba4]http://www3.sympatico.ca/chris_chin/[/url:22ba4]
    Christopher Chin

+ Reply to Thread