+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lightening Rod!

Dave, you actually wanted me to come wave a a lightning rod around with you? I gave that up the last time my ice axe began buzzing about a hundred meters shy of the summit.

Harold, I was hoping for cooler temps on our northern trip but every where we went the Florida conditions followed. People were telling us to leave so that it might cool down.

Boston metro was unusually hot. Vermont, NY, PA, and Niagara Falls ON were only slightly cooler.

Now that I'm back, I see that the red tide is still hanging around despite the early onset of storm season. I don't need to fish for pre-cooked fish. I'll wait until trip reports don't sound like Bridger's story about the Firehole.

------------------
    aka Cap'n Yid.

Stev Lenon, 91B20'68-'69
    When the dawn came up like thunder

Hi Stev;

It is no better in Sarasota Bay, I went there tonight to take some pictures of a couple new models and there was dead fish all over the place. The smell was not too bad so the kill must have been recent.

I'll be in the hospital a little next week for those yearly test I will have to take for a while. But after next week you and I need to meet and have lunch. Been way too long... See you soon

Harold

Harold, here's wishing you "Best o' British" on the outcome of those tests.

I'd enjoy lunch when we can set it up. Bison burgers sound really good!

We may have to do something about finding other waters to fish. In the 12 years I've been in Florida, I've never seen a red tide last this long.

------------------
    aka Cap'n Yid.

Stev Lenon, 91B20'68-'69

Stev;

I have been here since the late 60's and I do not remember the red tide ever being this bad. I sure wish those brains over at Mote Marine would find a cure for that mess. Saw some real nice fish floating last night. What a shame.

I have truly been considering fresh water to fill in the blanks. We might need Flats to come over and keep the gators away.
    Sue and I were talking about smoking some mullet today. May have to have a cookout since we cannot fish...

Thanks for the well wishes. I hate this test, but I understand it is a must..

Harold

Well, Harold, it is not just a local problem this year. Wespent 2.5 weeks in New England and never enjoyed clams, mussels, oysters, or even lobster. Unheard of for us! But at least, now, we can complain about the warm water along with the red tide and get most of our excuses for not fishing out of the way by the time the water cools down. (Hopefully!)

------------------
    aka Cap'n Yid.

Stev Lenon, 91B20'68-'69

+ Reply to Thread