+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lucky 13

Default Lucky 13

Dave

I enjoyed your story very much. You salt water guys have all the luck. By the way, it was nice of not bursting that kids bubble for getting there too late. Those type of things he'll learn in time. You have a good soul.

Your evil twin.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

I can relate to the story as well. Having fished with Dave I am not sure I'd call it luck. He is a very methodical and persistant fisherman between swigs from the bottle in his jacket. I am torn in situations like that between telling them about tides and flow being important, which will help in the long run and not telling them which will make the immediate joy that much more. Hard to do both at the same time.

jed

Hi Dave
    Real nice job on the story.

Just to let you know the BIG fish have not arrived in NJ yet. Ocean is pretty slow going with smaller fish and an occasional 33-36 inch fish. The bay area here is producing a lot of fish if your on a boat and dropping chucks of bunker (I think you call them progy's up there)over board.

I'll give you a note when the show up so you can get the big rod out.

Larry

keep me posted, larry! it's been funny up here--one day you get a dozen fish, 10 of them tiny and two in the twenties, next day you get a dozen and 2 are tiny and 10 in the twenties. i guess i should just fish every other day...

E-Dave....Micus? A good soul? The same one he sold to Beelzebub? Or did he trade it for a Sage rod, Abel reel, & a watermelon shirt????
    Mike
    ps..I enjoyed the story too!
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Mike

Strange as it may seem and rare at best, Micus does have a good soul. Of course the tide has to be right and the stripers must cooperate. And if the moon is in the seventh house then for one brief moment it happens.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

i have fillet of sole.

dave, i neglected to mention that as the mother and her kid went on their way fishing, i stole their suv.

Tisk tisk tisk stealing their ride home and giving them false hope really nice Mr. Micus. So did you sell it for some new rods and that multi tip line or just drive it off a cliff to aplease the striper gods in sacrifice?

------------------
    Who has time for stress when there are fish to catch.
    Nick
    Your hooks sharp????

+ Reply to Thread