+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eleuthera shark

Default Eleuthera shark

While bonefishing bumped into this monster with the 8 wt

Philip

Excuse my spelling and grammar, I hooked Mondays and Fridays to either fish or hunt.

phew! that is one sweet, uh um fish!

That is AWESOME! I bet that was a friggin' blast. Any idea what species shark?

You go Philip! You'll have to come back to Florida and show me how it's done!
    Bill

If you want the whole story check it out
    [url=http://www.cattarauguscreekoutfitters.com/viewsection.asp?SectionCode=randy2005cuda:8b617]http://www.cattarauguscreekoutfitters.com/viewsection.asp?SectionCode=randy2005cuda[/url:8b617]

Philip

------------------
    I look into... my fly box, and think about all the elements I should consider in choosing the perfect fly: water temperature, what stage of development the bugs are in, what the fish are eating right now. Then I remember what a guide told me: 'Ninety percent of what a trout eats is brown and fuzzy and about five-eighths of an inch long.' - Allison Moir.

I wonder if he ever fished Saltwater
    Excuse my spelling and grammar, I hooked Mondays and Fridays to either fish or hunt.

Phil, you're holding that thing all wrong. You're supposed to lip grab 'em! At least that's was flats dude told me.

Not on this dudes watch. How are the stripers doing in Humarock, scitute area ??

Philip

Looks to be a nice Lemon Shark. They sure are fun in the skinny water. I'm sure it was a blast Philip.

One word of caution however if/when you return to catch a few more. I strongly suggest that you be a bit more careful when handling these toothy critters With the way you are holding that shark, it could spin around in a fraction of a second and lock into your thigh or some other part of your body. This one is large enough to take a bite that could bleed you out fairly quickly.

I enjoy chasing sharks on the fly and take a great deal of care in handling them. I know a couple experienced captains who ahve been seriously injured by them.

So, by all means have fun with them but YIKES, be sure you handle them more securly next time around

------------------
    Jeff - AKA Dr. Fish
    If it has fins and swims than I must chase it!

Jeff thanks for the tip, but the shark was already dead, scared the livin heck out of me. The pic was just a joke. I did have one big bruiser come within my 10 ft rod lenght and I was going to stab it with the tip. I thought about the size of its mouth and my only 8 wt on the trip and decided to stomp the sand a few times and that got its attntion enough to pull back abit and so did I. I gave it all the berth he wanted.

Philip

Well in that case Philip, handling it that way is just fine

Next time you are chasing the Bones you should chase some sharks in the skinny water as well. It's a lot of fun

------------------
    Jeff - AKA Dr. Fish
    If it has fins and swims than I must chase it!

+ Reply to Thread