You can't judge a fishery by one or two trips. Anyone who fishes much knows that there are LOTS of variables involved. Some days the fish cooperate and some days they don't. My first few Florida Bay trips STUNK, STUNK, STUNK. Caught a few Redfish and Ladyfish but saw no Bones. Then I hooked up with Guide Jorge Valverde (www.lowplacesguideservice.com) and things turned around. He was recommeneded by the guys at Flyfishing Saltwater magazine as an outstanding guide for Bones.

We have had some tough trips and we have had some GREAT trips but so far we have gotten shots at Bones on every trip. I have seen Bonefish that made me weak in the knees. What a sight to be stating up there, ready to cast as 3 Bones in the 33-34" range (14-15lbs) quarter toward you . . . YIKES!

The best guides know exactly where to be and when as the tides are ebbing and flowing.

Bottom line is that if you want numbers of shots and lots of fish (smaller average size) then head to the Bahamas or Belize. If you want a shot or two at a monster and don't care about catching lots of fish, head to Florida Bay.

------------------
Jeff - AKA Dr. Fish
If it has fins and swims than I must chase it!