A while back I asked for some info on guides in the central Florida area and through everyones kindness I managed to secure one who gave myself and my father a memorable fishing trip.

We ended up on a trip with Captain Jeff Olsen out of CB's Saltwater Oufitters in Sarasota. Captain Jeff worked his *** off to put us on fish and gave us both an education. I learned so much more in our 5 hour trip than I could ever learn in any magazine and he had excellent patience.

In the end we had 4 snook boated, a trout, and a ladyfish. We originally set out looking for some reds he had heard were hanging out at an oyster bar, the bait was there but no fish. Once it got dark we held in the current near bridge lights and cast to what looked like 30 - 50 snook at each light. Had quite a few large fish follow all the way back to the boat, but once the tide went slack they kind of turned off. It was tough casting to that many fish and not getting many hookups, but thats why they call it fishing.

The highlight for me was my dad boated the largest snook which ran almost 8lbs. He had a grin from ear to ear, and couldnt quit talking about it on the way home. Fish or no fish that was a great day on the water.

Thanks go out to all the Pirates.