I am interested in everone's opinion on a matter that has my dander up. Our Game Warden's have not answered the question to my satisfaction, yet!

We have many streams designated as "Artificials Only", yet the majority around here fishes them with spinning rods, spincast rods and Berkely Power Bait Paste or Trout Nuggets, imitation salmon eggs (you know, the little rubber balls with salmon scent in them), or corn-flavored dough bait, while sitting on the bank, effectively cutting off anyone wanting to drift a fly or lure downstream. You also cannot wade past them. You must get out of the water and walk way downstream and re-enter the stream-bed to resume fishing. I have also seen people lately fishing with GULP artificial worms (made from chopped up nighcrawlers). This is currently allowed (sort of...they're not sure either). I do not feel like this is in keeping with the spirit of "Artificials Only". To me, "Artificials Only" means lures, flies, wading, stalking and proper etiquette and respect for the environment...and much more. None of which would be met by bait-fishing! I like to bait fish, too. But I do it at the lake and larger rivers and not where there are signs that say "Artificials Only". They are going to have public hearings on new regulations for next year soon.

What do y'all think? Do prepared baits and still-fishing meet the criteria for "Artificials Only"?