+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tampa Bay in September or October

Default Tampa Bay in September or October

I had great time in Clearwater area in March this. So much fun that my suggested that I should take my weekly autumn fishing with my friends to Clearwater instead of Norway. Unfortunately I did not get time to fish with those you who offered to do so. My question is: I reckon where we will be fishing is from Fort Desoto Park to Honeymoon island and what time you you prefer early September. Or late September to mid October? This time I got mostly seatrot and one sheapspread on my fly. What can we expect in September/October.

Hurricanes.

Those months include the peak of hurricane season for the Atlantic and Carribean basins.

The water will be very warm, fish will be seeking cooler locations and you might be well advised to do the same. Winter, spring, and even early summer are the better seasons in my experience.

------------------
    aka Cap'n Yid.

Stev Lenon, 91B20'68-'69
    When the dawn came up like thunder

While that is peak hurricane season, the fishing is still good. stev is right about the water being warm, so the trout will be in a little deeper water. Last year I caught several nice Snook and redfish while wading in september,in between hurricanes. I think October is better though,less chance of 'canes and the weather is a little cooler.
    Bill

I'd be remiss in not acknowledging that PureBS spends more time on the water and catches more fish than I do.

If you want to fish our shores in the fall, then October, as Bill states, is by far the better choice. I would suggest you fish in his backyard rather than mine. There is more water that can be fished without a boat in his AO.

And, if the water and weather are not conducive to good fishing, we've lots of museums and gallaries to visit.

------------------
    aka Cap'n Yid.

Stev Lenon, 91B20'68-'69
    When the dawn came up like thunder

+ Reply to Thread