Ok Ive always secretly wanted one of these to fish with. Ive known about a few opportunities to use them in the local Steelhead waters and I now have the cash to buy one(Actually I have enough to buy two rods though I think the other will be a 4wt for trout fishing).

Ive read up on them, even the wonderful articles here, and understand the differences between the different types of two handers. What I would be looking for is something that can perform equally well throwing overhead casts AND be able to roll cast fairly well. I would love to try a traditional spey type rod, but with the options I have now I think I had better try something like a Scandinavian rod first, then if I enjoy them Ill pick up a Spey. Does anyone know if the Scandinavian rods can perform both the above functions well?

Based on what is on the market now what would you guys suggest in a 7/8 weight range?

I looked at Loomis' new line and was fairly impressed, though the price range is too high to really take a wide stock and narrow in on it. I checked out Elkhorn rods as well, and have heard good things on them.

Thanks for any replies.