+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sea Kayak

Default Sea Kayak

Well, if I can't land a saltwater fish from shore, I'll try from the water. I was looking at a Ocean Kayak Prowler 15'4" with rudder.

Any comments on a better yak or experience with this one is appreciated. I would use it for lakes on rivers also.

Have a good one

Philip
    Excuse my spelling and grammar, I hooked Mondays and Fridays to either fish or hunt.

Amongst the Mangroves of West Central, Florida

Phil,

Check out this testimonial on the Ocean Kayak Prowler.
    [url=http://paddle-fishing.com/reviews/prowler.htm:7c849]http://paddle-fishing.com/reviews/prowler.htm[/url:7c849]
    "Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~ Edward Abbey

Phil,

There are many other float toys to read about on paddle-fishing.com. Click on "Boats" then read about setting your kayak up for fishing on "Rigging".

Everyone on that site recommends trying out a few different kayaks if possible to see what suits you best.

Welcome to another addiction. HA!

Gil

There are dozens of worthy kayak fishing sites on the web. Several of the major kayak fishing sites have a BBS' and also large "How to" sections and reviews on all of the brands and models too. Easy to find all of them in google..

Search on "Kayak Fishing:" and "Fishing Kayaks"

Rich

I have an OK Prowler and really enjoy it. I had been wading for a long time, and it seems the fish were alway just beyond my reach. With the kayak, I'm getting right to the fish. I don't have a rudder on mine, and really don't want the added complication, but some people really like them.

My preference is the Prowler 15, although there are a number of good kayaks for fishing. The Prowler 13 is also nice and would have been my second choice. Some others are the Tarpon 120 and 140. The Tarpon 160 is being redesigned, so I would wait if you want it. Malibu Kayaks has a number of good fishing kayaks. They are very stable, but seem slow and loud to me.
    You don't ever want a crisis to go to waste... - Rahm Emanuel

Who is John Galt?

Thank you for all the info. I am trying to get a demo or used one if possible, Jo said they are like new and I hope the price is right so I can get the extras.

You started this Gil they looked so cool, I'll have to try one in april when we go back down for a wedding. You know I'm bringing the rods and a Gold Bendack

Thanks again

Philip
    Excuse my spelling and grammar, I hooked Mondays and Fridays to either fish or hunt.

Try out a Hobie Outback if you can. Made for fishing. I haven't used anything else since I got it.
    Especially great in the salt!!

------------------

Phil,

Let me know when you'll be down in April. I may be able to get a day off and fish, that is, if you will have a day or two to fish as well.

Hopefully the shoulder will be able to withstand the rigors of fishing/kayaking by then.

Gil

Hi Phil,

Apologies, as I cannot remember the site which should get the credit for this data; however this might be of interest to you.

hope this helps

------------------
    JME
    @===----?----?----?
    Member of B.A.S.S [url=http://www.ukbass.com:2f207]http://www.ukbass.com[/url:2f207]

Gil, might take you up on that and I hope the shoulder heals quickly. The therapist rules on that one.

Jamie, Jo is the owner of that site (kayak fishing stuff) Hopefully thing will come to fruition soon. I am waiting to hear from him.

I'll take a gander at the Hobie and the Tarpan.

Thanks again

Philip

+ Reply to Thread