+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: fish-in is on

Hang in there folks, I have the wrap-up from Bill, and 2 other batches of photos, plus
    Flats Dude's article. All will magically appear in the new issue Monday. If anyone else has photos they haven't sent this way please do it, like now?

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

Patience, patience! LF had a lot to fix with my writing! I didn't have a ton of pics, I found myself too busy.
    Bill

Well, I made it back in one piece. The rods and lures are still virgin. The only good catch I had during the fishin in was what Bill was so gracious enough to cook and deep fry. I might add I limited out on that

My other excitement was pulling the gold Bend back that Captain Flats Dude tyed right out of the fishes mouth, Darn thing got me so excited I pulled it right out of its lips and I also manage to snag the biggest mangrove of the trip on a side arm backcast.

Michele really appreciated Gil letting her use the canoe for the day, Gil your class act to let everyone use the equipment you where kind enough to bring. Hope you recover ASAP.

It was a pleasure meeting the cast of characters, excuse me, Pirates I ment
    Your all the best and I hope to make another one.

Thanks to all for the advise and Charlie I'll be casting in the snow tomorrow

My best to all and to Bill and Jill for being great hosts.

Philip
    Excuse my spelling and grammar, I hooked Mondays and Fridays to either fish or hunt.

Thanks Philip, I really wanted to see you get a snook! You'll just have to come back when the water is warmer!
    Bill
    pS your auto response to e-mail is still on

JME

If I told you once I told you 10 times you need Florida equipment to catch Florida fish. The rods must be cheap you know the ones made in Korea, and the reels must be the cheapest you can find. That spensive stuff (Sage) your brought just scares the fishes away. If you fish with that spensive stuff they know you are from out of town. We have the fish trained here. Only the babies, like you caught, that have not finished training will bite on your equipment. So the next time leave all that stuff at home and go to K-mart or Wal-mart and buy the cheap stuff. When you get back home donate it to a kid.
    Let us know what we can do to get you started on the Florida venture.

Sharing time with you was wonderful.

Harold

Stev, I would never slander our Gallic friends. Why we just get on so well.

Harold, The rods have been retired to holding up the runner beans.

I was fishing in some light snow yesterday. Every time I released a fish and took my hands out of the water I would get cramp in my hand. Boy, how I miss that sunny place and warm company.

------------------
    JME
    @===----?----?----?
    Member of B.A.S.S [url=http://www.ukbass.com:c67b7]http://www.ukbass.com[/url:c67b7]

James, funny you should mention sunlight. Saturday was windy and gray. Yesterday was windy and wet. We had 2.2 inches of rain at my home. That was accompanied by lightning and thunder and tornadoes which fortunately struck further northeastward of us.

So while last weekend's weather could have been better, in retrospect, it wasn't all that bad. This weekend was more like the 2004 FL event's.

You chose well and fortunately, Bill!

------------------
    aka Cap'n Yid.

Stev Lenon, 91B20'68-'69
    When the dawn came up like thunder

Yes, we got lucky. If it had been last weekend it would have been a total blow out!It was nasty!
    Bill

+ Reply to Thread