+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: flats dude?

Default flats dude?

where is the dude? still nursing a hangover for the f-f-i? if we don't hear from him soon it will confirm my suspicions that the flats dude was actually hunter thompson.

[This message has been edited by D. Micus (edited 22 February 2005).]

D. Micus

The Flats Dude left early for the race. I have not heard from him. I saw a post from him so I think he is back safe. You should have seen him in that wet suit. He only thinks he is invisible. Only you or Rodger have words inside of you that could describe that sight. I did not laugh, I did not cry, I just stood there wondering why. I will just leave it at this, he was happy and everyone else accepted it as "The Dude"

Harold

We need to seriously consider an annual fisn-in an shuttle launch on the east coast.

We can, most likely, get NASA to cooperate. The FlatsDude may be more difficult to corral.

------------------
    aka Cap'n Yid.

Stev Lenon, 91B20'68-'69
    When the dawn came up like thunder

I heard he got called to the NASCAR Trailer because he was overheard saying, "I left the Fish-In and fish fry for this".

Jerry

------------------
    Dream the Life, Live the Dream
    I can't pretend to know what I don't, so I won't.
    Board of Directors, Valley Forge Trout Unlimited

[url=http://www.flyreeldots.com:a2114]FlyReelDots.com[/url:a2114]
    FAOL Sponsor
    FAOL DOTS are now available
    Dream the Life ~ Live the Dream

I got an e-mail from this morning, he is busy withwork after taking a day off.
    Bill

I would seriously question the 'work' part.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

I was wearing my clear wetsuit and couldn't see where I was going...

1). Harold, it wasn't THAT bad was it, and 'sides I don't think anyone has pictures to prove it!
    2). Micus...I'm alive and well, I think. Between the beer and pirate juice (both at the same time, thanks to Island-fly) I did suffer a light hangover.
    3). Dot Man...yep, got fined twenty-five fishin' points and had my fly confiscated. And you're right, I should have stayed for the party, too damned crowded at the race for me!
    4). Evil Dave...wirk, wirk, wirk...what's that?
    5). I'm fine and hate being back at work, and thanks to pureBS for a superb and organized weekend!
    4).

Amongst the Mangroves of West Central, Florida

While reading FlatsDude's last post I realized that purebs and superb are spelled with the same letters ... and rightfully so.

Glad to hear you're alive and well FD.
    "Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~ Edward Abbey

Here is a different story that I heard about the Flats Dude and arriving home after the fish-in.

Flats Dude wakes up at home with a huge hangover he can't believe. He forces himself to open his eyes, and the first thing he sees is a couple of aspirins next to a glass of water on the side table. And, next to them, a single red rose!

Flats Dude sits down and sees his clothing in front of him, all clean and pressed.

Flats Dude looks around the room and sees that it is in perfect order, spotlessly clean. So is the rest of the house. He takes the aspirins, cringes when he sees a huge black eye staring back at him in the bathroom mirror, and notices a note on the table: "Honey, breakfast is on the stove; I left early to go shopping--Love you!"

He stumbles to the kitchen and sure enough, there is hot breakfast and the morning newspaper. His daughter is also at the table, eating. Flats Dude asks, "Daughter...what happened last night?"

"Well, you came home after 3 A.M., drunk and out of your mind. You broke some furniture, puked in the hallway, and got that black eye when you ran into the door."

"So, why is everything in such perfect order, so clean, I have a rose, and breakfast is on the table waiting for me?"

His daughter replies, "Oh THAT!... Mom dragged you to the bedroom, and when she tried to take your pants off, you screamed, ?Leave me alone, lady, I'm married!?"

Broken furniture - $85.26
    Hot Breakfast - $4.20
    Red Rose bud -$3.00
    Two Aspirins -$.38

Saying the right thing, at the right time.........Priceless.

Well Mr. Flats Dude is this the way it happened or is it just another internet hoax?

Harold

...and Harold, you said you didn't drink. *G*

+ Reply to Thread