+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bahamas in April

1. Default

I will be in Harbor Island the 8th through the 11th.

Are you guys on Eleuthra doing it yourself or going thru a lodge? Thanks!

Acuna

I will be on Andros April 19th through the 22nd. As a novice, I really would like to cast a line or two with you guys, but I'm sort of stuck there. Not a bad place to be stuck though!! You all are welcome to island hop on over.

Hey Acuna,

I'll be in Govenors Harbour Apr2-24th at the Duck Inn...strictly DIY for us. Wont be heading to Harbour Is though...perhaps once or twice to the N. Eleu flats above N. Eleu Airport.

Henry

4. Default

Henry, if I end up stuck on Eleuthra I will look you up! I am on my own for a couple of days, I think it would be sweet to catch a bonefish sans guide... I could brag to my fishing buddies for life (and I would achieve part b of my lifetime fishing goal number 4 [catch bonefish on a fly rod]).

I am looking forward to some cold Kalik beers after a hard day of chasing the bonefish....

Hey guys,

Damn!, I almost forgot...tie up a couple small #8 white crab patterns with beige claws. The flats around eleuthera are just crawling with tiny off white fiddler crabs. A Turneffe crab would be suitable.

Henry

Hey Henry, where exactly are you staying? Maybe I'll swing down island one evening to see you guys and swap stories. Give a phone number too if you'll have one. I can email you privately with the number I'll be at. It won't be long now. Dave

Acuna, I'll be doing things myself and I don't know anything but I figure I'll know a whole lot more by the end of 2 weeks. I dabbled in fishing last year when I was there but I'm serious this year. My sister in law and her husband live on Eluthera and we go there so my wife can visit with her sister. I figured why not make use of this world class bonefish fishing right on their doorstep. I consider myself very fortunate to be able to go to a place like this. If you've never been, you'll love it. It's the most laid back lifestyle there is.
    As things turn out, my wife won't be going this year because of last minute work commitments so it's just me and I'll have all the time in the world for fishing. And looks like I'll have a Jeep as a set of wheels so the possibilitys might be endless.
    Dave

Hey Dave,

Sort of late making a reply...sorry! We're staying at the "Duck Inn" in Govenor's harbour. [url=http://www.Duckinncottages.com:a567f]www.Duckinncottages.com[/url:a567f] ...you can get the ph.# from that site.

Sure...call ahead and swing by for a visit...a Friday evening would be perfect as there is the "Friday Night Fish Fry" at Cupid's Cay then. We always attend and have a blast. Lot's of loud music...fried fish...BBQ chicken...pea's n rice...conch fritters and salad...copious amounts of Kalik and Rum Bubba's. If you drink too much...you can crash on the floor at our place.

You gonna be using the 22ft Mako on your own? Seems to me you might need a couple extra pairs of hands to bait lines or steer the boat when going after the big-boyz...hint...hint..!!!

Good to hear from you buddy!

We need to keep in touch after this trip is over. Compare notes blah blah blah...you know what I mean. Just not many folks up here to talk about L'utra wid.

Talk soon,

Henry

Henry, sounds good. Maybe I can talk the Sister in law and brother in law into coming down for the fish fry too. You'll like them, they love to party. As for the Mako, I won't be using it by myself. It's just been totally refitted and looks like new so I'm told. I wouldn't want to be responsible for something happening to it. I would think that if Dave (brotherinlaw) was going after the big stuff he would take the big boat although I'd have no problem going out into the real ocean in a Mako. As for keeping in touch... for sure. We go down every year and hopefully that will continue to be the case. Talk to ya later, DAve

+ Reply to Thread