PerfectLoop, I can't recall the weather last week, was that at the beginning of our current "cold" snap? Right behind fronts is tough, need a few warming days with sun on the water to get the fish active and back on the flats. Temps are rebounding right now, so the upcoming several days may start looking up. Sportsman's is a good spot, easy access. As you are standing at the end of the road, there is a large-ish grass island right in front of you about 100 yds. out. Behind that (on the left of the island - not the bay side) there is a deep gut that usually holds fish. Reds can also get back there in the grass. On the bay side, several hundred feet out, there is a reef made up of oyster shells (I believe it's a part of Confederate Reef). You can work this structure over and pick up trout. Other spots to consider are Galveston Island State Park, Indian Beach/Jumbile Cove, Sea Isle, and the back side (bay side) of San Luis Pass. If you do fish the Pass, be very, very careful as the current there can be strong. This creates some deep guts that can have you over your head quickly.

Adam, Sportsman's - the spot I described above - may be a good bet for you. It is easy to get to, and can be easily waded. It is muddy, but not too bad. You'll need waders and some wading boots, water's chilly. I'll email you directions.

Flats Dude, we have rays - tons of them. Yes, the stingray shuffle is the approach of choice. I've tried the leg armor, not sure if you've seen that sort of thing over your way. It would work, but it is a royal pain in the a** in terms of keeping your flyline clear. Way too many buckles, etc. to get tangled on.

JB