+ Reply to Thread

Thread: You are what you associate with....

Default You are what you associate with....

My dad was killed in Korea during the conflict in 51. My mom died of cancer when I was 6. I had the good fortune to be raised by my wonderful grandparents. Grandpa always said, "if you want to be good at something, associate with those who are good at it." If you want to be a good (maybe even great) flyfisher, hang around this website. It is a sure fire receipe for success.

Jonezee

------------------
    I learn more about the world while talking to myself when fishing alone

Jonezee, you are absolutely right. I would extend that: always try to associate with a more experienced flyfisher, and when you can afford hire a guide. There is always something to learn from both of them.

Jonezee,

Now that was excellant advise!! Your Grandparents were very wise and you were very luckly to have them.

------------------
    Warren
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Cris and Warren, thank you for kind words. Yes I am lucky and you know what....it is almost fly fishing time in Michigan....it is snowing today, but it will be matters of a few days before I will flip the fly and will be in our element again......is this not the best website or what? again, thank you, Jonezee

Jim: I will only be able to make it up the 17-18-19-20th of August. I am looking forward to the visit, time flies...Jonezee

+ Reply to Thread