+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My 2-bits

Default My 2-bits

1 bit - ASK
    If there's one thing I learned in my past 37 yrs - don't be afraid to ASK
    There's no dumb / stupid questions.
    Everyone here has been in beginners shoes.

2 bit - LISTEN
    Open your eyes and ears - listen to those that have been there. But don't be afraid to ASK.

Don't be shy on 1 or 2. Some people come across as guru's of fly fishing. Given their due, and acknowledging their seemingly vast knowledge - also remember - they are only human.

I've asked, I've listened. I've gone a long way in a short while - still asking, still listening.

And (as I see he's been here about) as my bud flyfisheranonymous notes - don't forget the PIE.

Darrell,
    I LOVE your post & agree 100%!!...too bad you put it where others seldom go.
    1)ABSOLUTELY!..If you are not certain, ASK the question!!!..I have always told my children (now all 3 over 21 years old) that the answer to a "question not asked" is ALWAYS no! I think that NOT asking a question because you may be teased/ridiculed is a huge mistake...that would stop your growth, & that should NEVER end!
    2) As my buddy Keith (wirebender on FAOL) would say..."There's a reason GOD gave you 2 ears & 1 mouth!!"
    Mike
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

thanks Mike
    '.. where others seldom go '..... eh, maybe quiet in here from the riff-raff .... might be perfect place for newbies to sneak in unannounced and take a boo ........ pick up some moresel of info to help them along.

I flailed for 15 yrs before I found someone here abouts to talk with (local board started up) ... although I was sheepish in asking 'those that know' ... the least I can do now is help someone else .....

darrell,

Arrrr, now who ya be calling riff-raff, ya best watch what ya say, ya never knows who bees lurking around.

I have to agree wit da both of ya. Although my first action is always to watch and listen, it is when I get the courage to open my mouth that I learn most what I need, when I need to learn it.

[This message has been edited by swen (edited 16 September 2005).]

[This message has been edited by swen (edited 16 September 2005).]

Well put guys!!

In our hunter's Ed Classes, we say first off,
    The only STUPID question is the one that is never asked!!

------------------
    Wyo-blizzard
    Wyo-Blizzard

Ditto!!! I'm here checking it out too, good post...

------------------
    Spelling and Grammar not subject to judgement...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

nighthawk Guest

Great post and oh so true.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

"The only stupid question is the one that doesn't get asked. It will get you and your pilots killed.". From SSG Anthony Edmunds, 6th Air Cavalry

+ Reply to Thread