When I was in my teens a buddy and I had to cross a field to get our 12 foot aluminum boat to the pond we wanted to fish. I was leading, Jim was trailing. All of a sudden I had the bow of the boat jammed into the small of my back and had to run to keep from being shoved to the ground. I cursed Jim Loudly only to hear his frantic yell. Take another look at those cows!!! I looked over and there about 100 feet away was the biggest Hereford bull you ever saw pawing the ground and flinging clods of black dirt behind him. I almost ruined a good pair of underware. I yelled Screw this! dropped the boat and ran for my life. When the front of the boat hit the ground Jim, not having dropped his end, smashed into it hard. Luckily ( although it did not seem lucky to me at the time ) El Toro went after Me instead of Jim. Probably because I was running. I made it to a large ponderosa pine and put it between me and the really really really mad bull. I went from there into the bushes and under the fence to safety. The bull stood panting and pawing in front of the fence. I ducked down out of sight because It was so mad I didn't trust it not to charge right thru that barbed wire. After a bit I peeked out thankfully to see it walking away. Jim who had had the wind knocked out of him managed to crawl under the boat while the bull was chasing me. The bull wasn't interested in the boat and finally wandered away heading after his herd. After about a half hour when all the cows finally were out of sight. I yelled out softly as I could. Jim where are you? Thinking he was hiding in the bushes somewhere. I heard a muffeled "I'm over here, where is he, is he still here?" The sound came from under the boat" It was too easy so I couldn't resist. I yelled back keep quiet! He's right behind the boat. YOur making Him mad again.
I then snuck back to the rear of the boat, took a long piece of branch and made like I was the bull and hit the transom hard a couple of times. It was too funny and finally I had to laugh out loud. Jim was not amused. He thought his number was up. I rolled the boat off of him laughing my butt off as he cursed a blue streak about what a %##@&^ I was and how that wasn't funny. But we both knew it was really funny.

We packed the boat over to the pond and fished all day without ever seeing the bull again.
I still tease Jim about this whenever we see each other.
His kids always ask me to re-tell the story whenever we are over at his place. He hates it. hahahaha.
Ever since then when ever I'm near a herd of cows I always check to make sure they are all cows. I'll bet money Jim does the same.