+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Totally off topic.Florida Bass pics.

Default Totally off topic.Florida Bass pics.

Just returned home from Florida.Did'nt get a chance to fly fish.
    This opportunity presented itself.It was a blast.

These are just a couple of the hogs I caught.Unbelievable fishery.I shall return with fly rod in hand real soon.

[This message has been edited by Ruger (edited 02 April 2005).]

Ruger,

Go get 'em, Buddy. The Hawgs are biting . Have caught quite a few LMB recently on surface poppers and pushers. Not Hawgs, but good looking young LMB (about 2 maybe 3 lb.s).

------------------
    Robert B. McCorquodale
    Sebring, FL

"Flip a fly"
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Holy wide-angle lens, Batman!

Ruger

How could you!!!! These are the fish I fly fish for and you post pictures of them for all to see. Now the Florida fish-in will be fresh water and those cold northern folks will want to catch my bass. To date I have one over 10#s on my fly rod and a bunch under that.

I am really just kidding about you posting the pictures, they have already heard about me catching bass on the fly rod..... I still host a salt water fish-in to keep them away from my bass.

I am glad you did not give the area you fished in these FAOL'ers would desend on it and catch them all..... <huge grin>
    By the way congrats on two beauties.

To all the rest of you fishers those fish are rare only one in 5 or so. Do not spend lots of money on 8 wt fly rods and all the other stuff you need to catch these bass. Like I said only about 1 in 5 will reach 3 lbs..... The other 4 are about 12 inches long. NO fun in catching them at all. They jump and shake all over the place, they wrap your line around snags and cause you all kind of frustration. So much so that you should stay at work instead of fishing. Bass fishing is way to easy and no challenge at all. Slap the live well and these dumb bass will jump in. And they are awful to eat. Ask Flats Dude he will confirm this....... So keep fishing for trout they eat better and fight so much more. Plus they challenge you and make you think. Bass are no challenge at all.....

Sure hope that keeps the northerns fishing for trout and they never discover how much fun bass fishing really is..... oops did I type that in the open noooooooo toooo late it is posted and someone locked the post I cannot get it off.....

Harold

Yep, your secret is out now Harold. I may have to plan something down thataway. In a year or two.....may be....some time...before I die.

------------------
    Wyo-blizzard
    Wyo-Blizzard

+ Reply to Thread