+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabelas Peak Rotary Vise

Default Cabelas Peak Rotary Vise

Anyone familiar with this vise? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Ive never heard of Peak vises and is it true rotary it doesnt say in the ad.

Thanks,
    Seege

it is true rotary and a damn fine vise for the $$.

I picked one up over the holiday and am impressed so far.

FIREMAN
    I've got a Peak and a Renzetti Traveler. IMO the Peak is good as the Renzetti and in some cases a little better. I feel the Peak will hold a larger range of hook sizes (with the standard jaws) than the Renzetti will. The Renzetti is a more portable vise because of its size and weight, but other than that I like the Peak better.

Again,cause I don't see my reply on the board, yet,.....Peak is a good vice,I have one and at less than 130 bucks ?? Also have a Renzetti. Like em both. Peak is in the product reviews here on FAOL........

I have one and really like it. Hans Weilenmann named it the best vise in the $100.00-$199.00 range. Al Campbell gave it high marks in the review here. For more information, here's the Peak web site: [url=http://www.peakfishing.com/:dc125]http://www.peakfishing.com/[/url:dc125]

------------------
    Joe

I have one. It's just a well made vise that does what a vise is supposed to do. And it's reasonably priced.

Jay

jc,

I just looked at the peak website and noticed that they sell brass replacement screws for the vise.

hmmm...that doesn't seem like an appropriate response to a legitimate gripe. kinda surprising since as they say, everyone loves their vise and how helpful their email/customer service is.

I wonder if they'd let me trade my $#*&%@ bobbin cradle for some midge jaws?

probably not.

mgj

I kind of liked the fact that I could rotate it, with some friction, without a metal screw scoreing the shaft. But your right, if you want to lock it down, the delrin doesn't do it. It would be simple enough to throw in both a delrin and a brass screw with the vise.

Jay

I would tell you to try one before you buy one. I had the opportunity to try one at a show and it did not take me long to not like it. It just did not fit right for me. Its Quality is no better than any other vise in that price range.

+ Reply to Thread