+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cabelas Peak Rotary Vise

I also have the Peak vise, and have no complaints. I've never had it rotate when I didn't want it to.

Just so you know (and I'm assuming this from your title to the thread), the Peak vise is not made by Cabelas... it's a separate company.

I also got the other two available jaws, although I don't switch them out too often because it's a little tedious changing them. Although, I have no idea how the procedure to switch them out compares to other vises.

Also, the design in the review JC linked is slightly different than the one they sell now. I don't think it really affects performance of the vise, but the aesthetics have changed, if that's important. They had to change it because Renzetti was requesting money to other companies that manufacture the bent shaft design... and Peak wouldn't pay them.

Here's Hans review of the vises referenced above:
    [url=http://flyfisherman.com/ftb/hwvise/index.html:c8b69]http://flyfisherman.com/ftb/hwvise/index.html[/url:c8b69]

[This message has been edited by Hextall (edited 09 February 2005).]

Once again I bypassed the archives sorry. I also understand that its not manufactured by Cabelas. I think I am going to make a command decision and purchase it. I can always send it back to Cabelas.

seege

[This message has been edited by FIREMAN (edited 09 February 2005).]

I doubt you'll be sending it back.

Thanks for the replies. I can always trust the opinions here on FAOL. Ill be ordering tomorrow.

Seege

I think you can go directly to Peak's site and order direct... or call them (my wife called them when she bought me the vise for x-mas).

I figure that would put more money in Peak's pocket than if you buy through cabelas.

How does the overall size of the Peak vise compare to the Renzetti Traveller? I've been looking at the Peak vise for a few weeks on Ebay, and a friend is trying to sell me his barely used renzetti for about the same price as a new Peak.

Alright the vise is ordered I will let you all know how I like it. Its my first plunge into the rotary world hope I can control my self.

Seege

+ Reply to Thread