Hi Birddog,

I'm no genius when it comes to computer stuff but I've used Office Excel to catalog all my tying material and keep track of my tying. I use a separate work page for major category of material such as dry fly capes and saddles, thread, hooks, dubbing, etc. I carefully record each purchase including description or name, color, size, quantity, quality, place of purchase, date of purchase and price. You might also want to add a drawer, box or bin code. It sounds like a lot of work but I've got a lot of stuff and completed the inventory in a couple of days. I leave the back-fill white when the product is not used, change the back-fill to yellow when the product is half gone, change it to pink when its got 10-15% left and red when it's gone. I also record flies I tie and their recipe on a separate work sheet. Works for me. I would assume that any spread sheet would be just as effective. 8T

------------------
You had better learn to be a happy camper. You only get one try at this campground and it's a real short camping season.