Bashline's Night Fishing for trout.

Got a signed copy. Heard him speak in the fall of 1976 or 7 at Penn State University for the PA Council of TU Annual meetings. He followed Caucci & Nastasi who were on the program immediately before Jim. I'll never forget how Jim described, somewhat sarcastically, with confidence and humor, how browns take a fly at night.

Sort of splashing water on Caucci & Nastasi, (Hatches had just been released) -this was Bashline's friendly, good-natured sarcasm - I'll do my best to recreate his opening lines.

"When a big ol' brownie takes a fly at night, it ain't no pop (at this point Jim reached up in the air, flicked his finger and made a sound with his voice) and a bubble. Then he reared back and said with a big wide sweep of his arm, "It's a 'WHOOSH" and a lunge that will rip the rod outa' yer hand if ya' don't hang on!"

Got 'addicted" to night fishng for browns from about 1983 through 1988. Went many times seveal nights a week, watched moon phases, even stayed out til 3 or 4 AM when I had to work the next day. (Drove a delivery truck for a plumbing, heating electrical, industrial supply co, in & out of town or alternate days. Never stayed out when I had a road trip the next day).
Boy can I tell you some stories...

Grizzly King and Silver Doctor, two of Bashline's favorite night flies.