Allan:

With all due respect, I was NOT totally serious when I closed with the remark about the original topic. I am enjoying this whole thing anyway. It's was just my best idea at the time for a closing remark. I know that's how we humans communicate. It's called conversation, and runs like water, following the path of least resistance. Though oft times when conversation reaches a point of greater resistance, (usually depending on the number of Type "A" personalities in any given conversational group) - and I ain't even a psychologist - it builds, and builds, and gains momentum and pressure, increasing in intensity at various rates until something happens to change its direction and intensity once again. (usually when the Type "A" personality people fall asleep or go home). <G> LOL !!

I am certain though, without taking the time to go referencing as you did, that Jim Bashline did in fact mention somewhere, about fishing with a "brace of Grizzly Kings." Perhaps it was in an old copy of Pennsylvaina Angler magazine, Bashline was editor for a few years. My memory is pretty dang good. Just ask my wife. (That's intended to be funny).

Now if you want to see a bit 'o' the fightin' side of me, go to the main page, click on "Sound Off" then click on "Humane Society" and see my post there.

I'm e-mailed the info to my niece - high school class valedictorian, fly tier, (I gave her a copy of my DVD for Christmas and she's already, by mid-January - tied every pattern by the dozen and has moved beyond the 8 flies in the video to additional patterns) fly fisher, 1st degree karate blackbelt at age 15, and freshman at UNH - and her reply to the PETA, Humane Society, Friends of Animals, & other goofballs, - so darn good and "right on" for that topic, I think I'm going to visit that page again later tonight and post verbatim what she said!

PS - Lately Emily (my niece) has been tying Silver Doctors (trout wet fly versions). She's 20. Too young for you Andy!

There IS a future in fly fishing & fly tying.

Ha!

------------------
"Feed the good wolf."

[This message has been edited by Don Bastian (edited 01 April 2005).]