Just got done teaching a down and dirty flying tying to 3 classes of High School kids the past 4 days. Pretty tough duty to teach 8-20 kids in each class fly tying in 50 minutes each day, but accomplished it again for about the 4th time. The 1st day we spent time learning to attach thread to the hook and to complete a half hitch knot. Then worked on basic woolly bugger. 2nd day worked on tying a gray hackle peacock wet fly, local pattern. 3rd day started on a gold ribbed hare's ear. I have deceided this is just a little to difficult. I will need to work on a 3rd pattern. Today I turned the kids loose they could be creative and tye what they wanted. I have a pile of about 6 different marabou, 6 different hackle, wide assortment of chenille, peacock feather hooks. Some of the flies they created are real interesting some practical flies, some real wild things that look like birds. I need to start taking a camera to photograph some of these flies. The flies the girls tied were a little more correct the most of the guys. Course I tell them to pay attention when I do a techinque. Anyway, the kids seem to enjoy the fly fishing portion of their PE class. We also worked with fly casting, knot tying and hook removal techniques. The teacher has real guts he plans on taking them to the golf course pond on Monday and letting them fish. These are our future fisherman and women and we need to teach these young adults about our passion when we can.