+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Don't wait

Default Don't wait

Got a call night before last telling me that my dads best friend had passed. This man was more a member of my family than most of my blood relatives. I just passed by his house on a trip a few weeks ago, short on time I told myself I would stop in next time through. Well life is short and I missed an opportunity. Take the time, you never no if you will get another chance.

Wise words. I am fortunate to have taken the opportunity to do as you suggest many more times than I haven't.

Sorry to hear of your loss. I can't imagine what you are going through. Hang in there.

Best,

-John

Deffinately don't wait

I lost my father a few short years ago while i was away on a fly fishing trip.I had just arrived at my motel to check in and found I had an emergency message.I had just seen my dad the night before,and to this day I wish I had told him that night how much I loved him.Never miss the chance to tell your loved ones how much you love them.Once they are gone it's to late and you will regret not saying it more.

Please accept my heart felt condolence. I lost my father a little over two years ago on March 2. My mother passed away 7 months before him. I was fortunate to be the last person in my family to see both of them alive. I was also lucky enough to have the opportunity to say "I love you" the night before they left this world. I concur with the other posts! Don't hesitate to talk to the ones you love before it's too late. Take-care.

My youngest daughter, Maggie, is a college sophomore. While in high school, at least 1 classmate EACH year lost a parent or sibling. As a result, Maggie began a practice that the rest of us now follow. NO conversation, meeting, or other type of communication is ended without the words, "I love you".
    Thanks, Mag...I love you....Dad.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

+ Reply to Thread