+ Reply to Thread

Thread: purple wire

Default purple wire

I have looked forever for wire to tie a purple Copper John, and finally found it at Bearlodge Angler - the 30 gauge is about equal to a br size in the ultra wire.

for colored wire try a craft shop, they carrie a wire called artisen wire. It comes in a rainbow shades of colors.
    Ghost

Karen,

Where did you hear about the purple CJ? Have you heard they were effective? Have you found the CJ pattern to be good on the rivers you've fished? Thanks

------------------
    Jude
    Late to bed,
    Early to Rise,
    Guide all day,
    Tie more flies!
    www.customflys.com

Instead of using colored wire I took the plain copper and gave it a few color coats from a Sharpie marker. Let it dry then tie.

Jude, the only purple CJ I ever saw was in actuality a red and blue wrapped together(red and blue make green? No, purple). It was in Colorado, and they were raving about them, but I didn't have time to try them. I just figure purple anythings oughta work. Oh, and size 24 purple midges?

You're probably looking for "wine" Ultra Wire. I have it available in all sizes but only x-tra small is in stock. It will take less than a week to get it (next restocking order) if you want another size. Wine is purple. Ed.

I just tied a bunch of purple Copper Johns. Purple is a great color on the Bitterroot River. The wire I have is made by Spirit River. I tied some with white biots kind of like a Prince----KILLER. The purple Prince and San Juan works great too. Scott

Purple is a more visible color than using black,when tying fly patterns, yet achieves a better result in presentation. Very few things in the nature can be considered black, some may appear so to the eye, but actually this is resulting from the light reflexing off the object.

~Parnelli

What is it about the Bitterroot and purple? I ran into a guy there, he was the only one catching fish, and all he had in his fly box was purple SJ worms, purple cripples, and purple haze. Is it just that the purple haze was invented there, so more people have tried it?

+ Reply to Thread