Hello all, and I hope that everyone is doing well!

Okay, a little problem has come up lately. I have been trying to use a loop to loop connection between my leader and fly line.

I have tried the Cortland loop leader conection that slide onto the fly line. But I have had some problems with first getting the thing on well enought to use. Also had problems with the heat shrink tubing not shrinking well enough and having the connection or my line start to melt before shrinking the heat shrink enough. I now that I could use a soldering iron to better control the heat, but haven't tried it yet.

I have also gone to a local fly shop and one of the guys there showed me a way to make a loop connection with the end of my fly line and using 3/0 fly tying thread. this has been really nice and strong, BUT after landing a few bass I have found some evidence of the butt end of my tapered leader cutting into the "rubber" section of the fly line. I am afraid of having the leader materila cut right through the line. Before anyone asks, I am using 2x-4X tapered type leaders from Scientific Anglers (monofilimant type.)

Another fly shop here told me to take the butt end of an old 2X leader and use a nail knot to secure to the fly line. Then leave 2 feet or so of leader and form a surgeon's loop to use for loop to loop. I am afraid that this method will create a hinge section and not let the leader turn over well. Also, I am fishing for bluegill and bass, and like to use 7.5 foot leaders around structure. This adding of 2 feet will only allow me to use a 7.5' at actuall length of 9.5' because of extra 2 feet!

I am lost all!!! i like to be able to change leaders fairly easily due to type of fishing I get into. I am tired of having to hack off sections of the end of my fly line.

HELP!!!!

What loop to loop connections do you all reccomend, and how do I use / attach them in a way that doesn't ruin any more of my line than I already have.