+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hackle stacker fly pattern

Default hackle stacker fly pattern

Does anyone know where I can find instructions on how to tie these flies?
    Couldn't find it here or thru Google.
    Thanks....

I almost erased this response because it's hard to explain but easy to do. Maybe it'll help. Good luck.

I'm not sure about a pattern, but to tie them you tie in a 6" loop of 4 lb test as the post, wrap the hackle up (you don't have to have the wraps on top of each other. Then hold the loop with one and hand and force the hackle down the line with your scissors. Then pull the loop below the hook, straight down to concentrate all of the hackle fibers, tie down and cut off the unused hackle.

[url=http://www.troutflies.com/tutorials/stacker/index.shtml:11d3e]Troutflies.com[/url:11d3e] has the best hackle stacker tutorial on the web. I change up the pattern a little on this one and tie it as an emerger but this will give you the idea so you can start experimenting. Great pattern!

Jeremy

You may find more information on this technique if you google "paraloop", which is the same thing.
    Good tying
    Mart

------------------

sjh,

FAOL has Harry Mason's tying instructions on Biot Hackle Stacker, which is exactly the same as the tutorial in troutflies.com.

[url=http://www.flyanglersonline.com/flytying/fotw2/060704fotw.html:526d1]http://www.flyanglersonline.com/flytying/fotw2/060704fotw.html[/url:526d1]

[This message has been edited by adso4 (edited 26 February 2006).]

6. Default

As a side note, the Paraloop is similar to the Hackle Stacker, but they aren't exactly the same. The Paraloop style of tying is slightly more versatile as the hackle loop can be varied in size. I got the book Tying Flies the Paraloop Way by Ian Moutter at Christmas and enjoyed reading through it. With that said, I have yet to purchase a gallows tool and have been limited to tying Paraloops which are 99% identical to Hackle Stackers.

Warmouth

Thanks, folks,I appreciate your feedback.
    Ads04, that was exactly what I was looking for.

+ Reply to Thread