Well hello again all.

Okay I have taken the leap off the deep in. This past weekend, I was in the Bass Pro Outdoor World in Cincinnati, Oh. Spent some time hanging out in the fly shop there. And wouldn't you know it, they had some pontoon boats in stock.

Now some of you may know that I have been looking at buying something for a while now. Well, after looking at the ones in the shop, I settled on one from Outcast. The paperwork call it a BPS 8 Sport, but it is the same floats and frame that came on the Water Skeeter models that they had. The differences, the pontoon is a blue and gray coloring, the boat didn't come with an anchor hoist attachment, and was priced at $199. This was $160 bucks cheaper than anything else in the shop. I figured, same equipment, same capacity, lower price ... why not.

Well, I floated the thing today and had a ball. Other than breaking my Sage 690 VPS at the end, the evening was nice!! By the way, the sage broke after hooking a nice largemouth and broke about 1/2" above the ferule between the 2 rod sections (called Sage and have already sent it off to them!)

Enough about that though. I do have a question for all of you though. When is the pontoon fully inflated???

I am pumpming the pontoons up with a dual action hand pump. I pumped till it looked to be fully inflated and could easily push in the hull with my thumb. The instructions say to inflate to around 2.5 PSI.

The reason I ask this is that it seems to float a little lower in the water than I expected. The cargo net was riding slightly in the water.

Can I over inflate it with a dual action hand pump?
When it just starts to look full inflated, is it?
Should I be pumping the thing until it gets tough to pump air in?
Am I doing the thumb test properly? It didn't take a lot of pressure, should I have to push it with a little more pressure than I think?
Do these ride that low in the water normally (cargo net just in the water?)
Does anyone else feel that I wasn't inflating the pontoons enough?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Sincerely,

Reg

PS I cannot believe I waited so long to purchase one of these things! They are to easy to use!