Hey Han's I bought my HMH from Bill Hunter. I use to tie for his shop. It just didn't hold a hook the way I like.
I was at Hatch Finders here in town yesterday. They tie all there flies for there small shop. Dean has a HMH that he bought 2 years ago and has had the same problems that I had. Mainly that the jaw's are a little soft and the locking rings just do not stay locked up on it. He told me he just got tired of the hooks moving on him. He is letting his daughter use it. He went down the street and bought a Dyna-King and has been using that for a little over a year. Said he loves it.

I just never liked the way mine would not stay the way I set it up. And the one that Dean has is the same way. The locking rings just never seem to stay the way you set them. If you try and turn the vise to look at the fly from the side it is even worse. Maybe I just never learned the right way to set mine up? But I can tell you that I can set my DK up and it will never move from that setting unless I reset it. Ron

[This message has been edited by RonMT (edited 18 February 2006).]