+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My feeling are hurt....

Default My feeling are hurt....

We announced the 3rd Annual Atlantic and Steelhead Tying Contest on Monday and not a single person has mentioned it on the boards....

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

havnt mentioned it, but have material ordered. this is gonna be fun....again

LF, If I thought I had the skill to tie Atlantics I'd get in on this for sure. Unfortunately small trout flies are more my speed. I bet it'll be fun, though!

Jeremy

LadyFisher,

Honest, I ordered the hooks the other day, so I no longer have any excuses. Just please tell me, the judges will be kind.

Sean

my oppinion...(which dont account for a whole lot), but youve got till june 6th, which is plenty of time to come up with one, or three flies, that you can be proud of.
    tie these types or not, win or not, its gonna be fun.
    just think about it, what have you got to lose.
    i tied one for last years, it didnt win, i wasnt expecting it to.
    i took ronns advise, i did the best i could do, i took my time, and that is what i came up with....but i had fun doing it. you can tie off as many bead heads as you can in an hour, but it wont compare to the tie for a contest....and getting it posted in the archives !

Judging from what I read in the rules....LOL...No they will most deffinitely NOT be Kind. ...But thats what makes it a contest....My Tying is certianly not at a par for such scrutiny!!!... Nor have I tied to many Salmon flies..... But I'll be looking forward to seeing the results of it!

[This message has been edited by billknepp (edited 03 February 2006).]
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

One could start by going through the late Al Campbell's last flies in the Intermediate section: [url=http://www.flyanglersonline.com/flytying/intermediate/part51.html:f5317]http://www.flyanglersonline.com/flytying/intermediate/part51.html[/url:f5317]

or read through Ronn's instructions for tying them - and they really aren't that hard, it's just that they look that way finished!

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

howdy yall
    have a good fishing trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[url=http://www.partridge-of-redditch.co.uk/PROFILES/profiles2_b.htm:b6b22]http://www.partridge-of-redditch.co.uk/PROFILES/profiles2_b.htm[/url:b6b22]

Marvin White will be conducting a workshop at this years S.E. Idaho Flyfishing Expo.(April 21-22) It's $50 and will be for 12 tyers, and at last check is already about half filled. Take a look at the pretty flies on the website for ideas and inspiration. If you want more info, I can get it for you.

------------------
    Lew
    They're just fish, right? Right?

I'm DEFINATELY in on it. Already have a few flies designed for the 2 categories, and pondering the compulsary pattern. Hopefully, we have a lot of flies this year. This will be my 1st time entering, as family obligations prevented me from entering last year.Good luck to all entrants. Jamie

------------------
    Tight Lines & Big Smiles
    Take A Kid Fishing!!!
    Take a Kid Fishing. HECK, take ME Fishing(and my kids,LOL)

+ Reply to Thread