+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fly tying tips

Default Fly tying tips

I found this and I that it was very intresting.. this was posted on another website...
    [url=http://flyfisherman.com/ftb/jctyingspeed/:d64ce]http://flyfisherman.com/ftb/jctyingspeed/[/url:d64ce]

Good tips, although I hope that I am never in so much of a hurry that I have to actually use most of that stuff.

What's the big hurry ? I tie because I enjoy it, not to be "fast"

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Night Angler,

Thanks for sharing. I can see where several of those tips will help my day to day tying. Several confirm practices that I already use. I have very mixed feeling about the suggestion that says don't handle material too frequently. Does that mean that I can't stroke my cree cape an extra time or two, when I extract a hackle? 8T

------------------
    You had better learn to be a happy camper. You only get one try at this campground and it's a real short camping season.

Night Angler,

Thanks for the post on tying tips. If you really want to see some more great tying tips go to the left, in the menu, click on Fly Tying, then click on Tying Tips and go to the bottom of that page and click on Archive of Tying Tips. There is some really great tips there and a lot that will make you mumble to yourself on why you never thought of them! I always tell my tying students to read them all. There are quite a few and they are really great and helpful.

------------------
    Warren
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

"If I have to run, to get there, I ain't going!"~Gramps

Gramps had a 3rd Grade Education, before he was put to work, by his father in 1900. He was one of the smartest men I had the pleasure to know. He was not my Grandfather (I had none, but my friend who did not have either his Mother or Father, had a Grandfather, so we adopted each others families!)

Life is a journey, do not be so eager to see how it all ends. Take your time, to enjoy life, and learn something you didn't know.... ~Parnelli

+ Reply to Thread