+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for guide trips in either AZ, CO, or UT. Recommendat

Default Looking for guide trips in either AZ, CO, or UT. Recommendat

Hi, I'm looking to buy a guided trip (for 2) as a present for my uncle?s and aunt?s 35th wedding anniversary. Willing to drive about 6-8 hrs. into any of the following states from Santa Fe, NM. Looking for something in summer when camping is viable. Can anyone make recommendations of rivers and guide services in any of the three mentioned states? I'm aiming for the Green River but think he might like AZ too. Ideally, looking to purchase a trip somewhere he can have the opportunity to fish both a "famous, must fish" river as well as easy day access to local smaller streams (he and his wife are in their late 50s, in good health, and don't mind driving a couple of extra hrs. for small stream action)

Thanks in advance for any help people might offer

FishFreak: I know Jude Duran (Riverdancer) is a well-respected guide on the San Juan, and I'm sure he guides on some of the other wonderful waters in his area. Drop me an email and I can give you his contact info if you'd like!

Sounds like a great trip...I'm envious!

John

G&L FlyCraft
    Art. Science. Sport. Welcome to the convergence.
    [url=http://www.gandlflycraft.com:068d7]www.gandlflycraft.com[/url:068d7]

While I'd love to guide your uncle and aunt ( last season, my most memorable trips were guiding couples ), I think they might enjoy fishing a place that is more secluded, and scenic. I've had two clients go on trips with this guy, [url=http://www.coloradoflyfishingadventures.com/:a34bd]http://www.coloradoflyfishingadventures.com/[/url:a34bd] and they both had the time of their lives. The head guide and owner's name is Chris Eisenhard. He guides some of the best water in Colorado, and it seems like he runs a professional, and cost effective service.

The reason I thought of him for your uncle and aunt is I distinctly remember my clients saying the rivers he took them to were beautiful, easy to wade, and they caught 4 species of trout in the same day!!

------------------
    Jude
    Small flies work best. Elephants eat peanuts.
    www.customflys.com

I don't know who to recommend at the Green River, but that is a trip of a lifetime, down through the "a" section - the scenery is spectacular, and the experience of looking down into pods of fish and seeing them spit everything you throw at them is one to be remembered.

I can reccomend 2 rivers, both well known. Lees Ferry (there is a campground very close to the Walk-in Area but it's nothing to write home about...all rocks and gravel) and the San Juan (there's a fine campground there with good sanitary facilities, etc.).

Both rivers have reasonable motels in the close neighborhood. Drop me an email and I'll give you the name of two very very good guides.

------------------
    Snow on the roof with fire in the hearth

+ Reply to Thread