+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bravo, Gary

Default Bravo, Gary

Pure and simply, well done.

------------------
    [url=http://www.native-waters.com:d6342]http://www.native-waters.com[/url:d6342]

Hey, thanks Roger. So many places I got to see by looking out of that old car's windows (and they "rolled" down manually).
    By the way, your piece this week was a hoot. Funny you should mention those backward window buttons. Linda has an Eclipes (Mitsubishi) and I don't know how many times I've screwed up and hit the "up" button that makes the windows go "down"...sheesh!
    It always good to get up Monday and read your stories!

Ditto RStouff.....pure and simple.
    .....lee s.

Gary, Bravo! Well said. I noticed in one of the pictures, the two 55 gallon drums on the rack by the house. We had the same set up for heating oil. I used to catch the dickens when I used those drums for the poop deck of my pirate ship.

REE

[This message has been edited by NoahsBoyz (edited 28 March 2005).]

I cannot imagine having spent all my childhood road trip hours staring at The Little Mermaid or Batman movies instead of watching the countryside roll by...staring up at the tall skyscrapers in the city...counting silos...playing "slug-bug" with my brothers. Kids learn so much from simple observation.

When I was a kid in the 1970s, we were very advanced...technologically speaking. We had little bingo cards with translucent orange screens you pushed closed over small pictures of items you were supposed to look for along the way...a train, a RR crossing, a cow, a barn, a big truck, a mailbox, a church etc. The first one to cover them all up was the winner...and then the game began again.

My father purchased our first car with electric windows in the early 80's, about the same time that my brother bought Dad his first color television set. It was an American-made car...and up meant up. And the radio still had 2 knobs you turned to control volume or tune a station. I've been driving my current GMC truck for 2 years now, and there are still buttons on the radio I have no idea what they do.

You two fellas sure made some fine points and called into question some of today's seemingly inescapable realities. Bravo!

------------------
    Fishing the Ozarks

Thank you all for the kind words...remember when a "push button" radio came out? Wow!
    ...and I still will take the back roads instead of the Interstate highways.

You guys must surely remember the Ice Man and those little dials in the window telling him how much you needed!
    Sandlot baseball, no adults and gender didn't matter.
    Kick the Can till dark!
    Found my favorite fishin, spot crusin' the back woods!

Hey Gang,

Did anyone see the great ad by Zebco for the new "33" reel? I cut it out of whatever magazine it was in, and have it hanging in my office at work. About a 1/3 of a page...Just a picture of the reel with the wording above "What kid's did with their thumbs before video games". Not a fly reel, but makes a great point. Gary, very well done indeed.

+ Reply to Thread