Now this is funny......

I don't know Hywel from Adam, but.....

After JC's reply, which I took at face value, I ordered a Nor-Bobbin Kit based on the fact that JC's response lead me to believe Hywel was indeed a production tier and therefore had probably tried them all. I thought "if a guy who does this for a living uses it, it's definitely worth a look." I take it now that JC was being somewhat sarcastic, though it didn't even cross my mind at the time.

I had resisted the Nor before, as the thought of manually spooling has never appealed to me, but I went back with an open mind, and the features gained could well outweigh the effort involved in filling the spools. That being said, if the performance is identical, the Ekich might have been the route I would have gone, if only for the fact of being able to use threads on the manufacturer's spool. But I only have so much to spend on myself, especially this time of year

Now, I'm not complaining, not at all, I just find it amusing, and a telling commentary on the power of the Internet and the power of inflection and tone (or lack thereof, as the case may be).

And Hywel....I hope you're right

This has been a very good discussion, not only for me (opened my eyes to trying something new, that being a spring-loaded bobbin), but evidently for quite a few other folks. Thanks to everyone for their input, and I hope the discussion continues.

[This message has been edited by 1wt (edited 18 December 2005).]