Denny Conrad, is one of the most easiest people to work with, when purchasing hackle.

All grades (#1,#2, or #3) are of the same highest quality standards, the only difference is in the amount of usable hackle on the cape.

If you want a cape with the hackle size in a specific range, Denny will raise the bird until it's hackle reaches the size requested. Yes he carries a hackle gauge with him out in the chicken barn.

His family of birds have longer recorded history of pedigrees than most others who raise them for hackle. His daughter does almost all of the data filing onto the computer.

His #2 capes can be order split between two different colors, which is great for beginner's and those who have a tight budget.

Denny does not sell to the Fly Shops, or to other merchants, he sells directly to the fly tyier.

Another aspect that is special about his hackle, the stems are oval, so the stem flattens when wrapped around the hook shank. This help the to keep the hackle from twisting and makes for a more secure wrap.

Denny has some very interesting colors that periodically come along. I have a Rusty Dun Cape (Rust Brown on top, and Dun underneath), I also have a Cree, and its brother lovely Barred Ginger. Do not see these in the stores (ever).

He also has other lines of products (specially threads) that most shops do not carry.

All in all a very nice place to first consider when shopping for fly tying material.

Denny Conrad and Ronn Lucas are two of the many FAOL Sponsors, that I go shopping at for supplies.

~Parnelli